- Family ties are maintained across national boundaries.(para1)
Immigration causes two different family life:
Para3-8 From general to specific
Cultural background,social and economic circumstances,and the legal system create an integrated or bicultural family.(para3)
- example：cultural background:seeking a marital partner from the home country.
- Values:Young immigrants vs their parents；women vs men,may incorporate Western values.（para4）
- Legal system:certain cultural system May act as illegal.（para5）
Economic circumstances shape family life:Altering traditional patterns of authority in the family.（para6）
- Husband &wife
- The elderly &The younger
- Economic viability:To find financial sponsor,switch from kinship to family in-law.（para7）
Family or ethnic business:viewed as an optimal solution for new immigrants who have difficulty obtaining employment in nonethnic labor markets that require language fluency and other language.（para8）
- Mutual support：the children &their parents
- Economic influences in immigrated family life
Similarities across the ethnically diverse waves of immigrants.
- Similar motivations （economic and war dislocations）
- Common experiences:cultural differences,resulting in discrimination,exclusion and so on.
- Cultural conflicts:between generations and within one's beliefs.
- The success of immigrants.
- The similar processes of becoming part of the new country.